1 December marks our 4 year anniversary, feels like just the other day I was presented the option of entering into a relationship with you and a few weeks later I was unpacking boxes in our new home in “The Valley”.
This has been a relationship full of fun, surprises, good time and even the odd “white lie” on your part. To make this easier let me list the things I have learnt from you…..
- Chappies is not a chewing gum! It is in fact a beautiful scenic drive you offer, often marked and spoilt by copious amounts of cyclist.
- When you said it could possible rain for 10 days solid, you meant it. No small measures when you are involved, Cape-Town. Having said that, when you provide glorious weather you are truly showing off and I am convinced there is no place more beautiful then you, Cape-Town, on a Summer’s day.
- You have taught me some traditions that I had no clue of! One’s Crown Birthday and making pancakes when baby gets it first tooth.
- You have also lied to me! You said “Just look where the mountain is and you can never get lost!” You failed to mention that wherever I go I am surrounded by mountains and it is not always “THE ONE” mountain you were referring too.
- About that seafood and wine thing! You have made it so hard for me to survive in a relationship where seafood and wine are par for course. Since relationships are give and take, I have now progressed to eating calamari (a big step for those that know me) and being able to sip the “odd” glass of white wine.
I am forever grateful for the location you chose for us. I LOVE my drives through Kalk Bay on the way to work. I love week-end walks on Kommetjie beach, shopping at Longbeach and being one of the few people wearing shoes, pizza’s and ribs at The Toad (yes, the chance that I could spot Bob Skinstad there does add the excitement)
So my dear Cape-Town, I know it is never good to discuss your ex and my heart will always belong to Slummies, my first love but I am madly in love with you! So I raise a glass of bubbles and toast too many more good years!
PS.. I see a 4th year anniversary gift is flowers. I love the protea’s you have put on display for my along Ou Kaapse Weg